Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE WEBSITE
Welcome to the B.L. Homer Jewellers Website. By continuing to use this website, you are indicating that you accept these Terms & Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions of Use you should immediately stop using the Website.
Please note that any purchases you make on this Website will be governed by our TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR BUYING GOODS ONLINE.
‘We’ and ‘Us’ mean B.L. Homer Jewellers, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number: 00671480 and registered address: 107 The Street, Rustington, BN16 3DP
‘Website’ means the website at www.blhomer.com
‘You’ means the person using the Website whether as a guest or as a registered user.
The Website is intended for UK residents only. B.L. Homer Jewellers operates this Website. The Terms & Conditions quoted here also apply to any of content displayed on agreed third party websites.
All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in all materials or content contained in the Website.
Except as specifically authorised below, you may not do any of the following without obtaining our prior written consent:
• Copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post, transmit, commercially exploit or create derivative works of any part of the Website. This prohibition applies, but is not limited, to the text, graphics, animations, photographs, pictures, data, images, audio and video clips available from the Website.
• Download, edit, reproduce or use any material and content contained within the Website for the purpose of advertising, promoting, endorsing or implying any connection with you or any third party.
• Utilise any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering/extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation, any substantial parts of the Website; or
• Create and/or publish your own database that features substantial parts of this Website (including without limitation prices and product listings).
You may print or download any page(s) for your own personal and non-commercial use only. If you have any doubts about what you can do, please go to our CONTACT US page to apply for permission to reproduce the Website or any part of it.
You will not:
• Use the Website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it at all times in accordance with the relevant laws.
• Upload or transmit through the Website (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else that is designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or (ii) any material, including without limitations, any comments which are defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Use the Website in a manner which (i) may cause the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the functionality or effectiveness of the Website is in any way impaired or (ii) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy).
• Create or publish a hypertext link to any part of the Website without our express written consent except that you may create a hypertext to the Website as long as the link does not portray us or our affiliates or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or offensive matter. You may not use any of our logos or proprietary marks as part of the link without our express written consent (which consent we may withdraw at any time).
• Frame or use framing techniques to enclose any part of the Website or any content accessible on it without our express written consent. You will not use meta tags or any other hidden text using our (or our affiliates) names, logos, brands or marks without our express written consent. Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or license granted by us to use this Website in addition to our other rights; or
• Attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component of the Website.
You warrant that by accessing and using the Website you will not be in breach of any laws or regulations that apply to you.
We may monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We will investigate any reported violation of these Terms & Conditions of Use or complaints relating to the Website and take any action that we believe is appropriate.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
Whilst we make every effort to monitor any contents uploaded by users on our Website, such content will often reflect a user’s opinion and we will not be responsible or liable to you for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by any other user on our Website.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
While we make every effort to ensure our Website is as accurate, current, complete or error free as possible, unless we are at fault we are not liable for any inaccuracies or errors which are beyond our reasonable control. In particular we cannot guarantee that colours in our images will be rendered correctly on different computer monitors. The product dimensions supplied are intended to give an approximate indication of the size of individual products. Product shown may not be the actual size. If you have any doubts about the colour, size or any other specification of the goods you wish to order, we recommend you CONTACT US prior to placing an order on the website.
The Website is provided, on an ‘as is’ and ‘as and when available’ basis without any representation or endorsements and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website or its content offered on the Website. We cannot guarantee that the Website is free from computer viruses, and you should take your own precautions in this respect. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material as a result of uploading to or downloading from the Website. If a fault occurs in the service, you should report it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
We will try to make sure that the Website is always available. However, this is not always possible and access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of any system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reasons outside our control, as well as for any breach by you of these Terms & Conditions of Use.
We remain liable however for:
• Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentations;
• Any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
The Website may contain links to other websites; these external websites are not under our control. We provide these links because we think they might interest you, but we do not monitor or endorse these other websites. We are not liable for such websites and cannot make any guarantees about them.
SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate the Website or remove any of the services on it with immediate effect at any time, and without notice, for example if:
• There is a change in the law that limits our ability to provide the Website;
• An event beyond our control stops us providing the Website (eg: technical difficulties)
CHANGES TO TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE
We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions of Use from time to time. If this happens, we will post the new Terms & Conditions of Use on the Website. It is your responsibility to ensure you regularly check these Terms & Conditions of Use to familiarise yourself with their terms and check any updates. If you do not wish to be governed by the revised Terms & Conditions of Use, please stop using the Website.
These Terms & Conditions of Use are governed by the law of England and you and we agree to use the English Courts if there is any dispute between us.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR DETAILS
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating or review, you agree that we, and any third-party service providers, may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and for other administrative purposes.
We may be required to disclose and shall disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property right or of their right to privacy.
CHECKOUT ASSISTANT SERVICE
When you use our online store, details of any products that you seek to purchase, and your email address may be collected as you fill in the Checkout form. If you do not complete your purchase we may contact you using these details to offer assistance (in case, for instance, you were experiencing technical difficulties) and allow you to finalise your purchase.
You can choose to stop receiving our Checkout Assistance emails at any time by following the link at the bottom of each assistance email.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR BUYING GOODS ONLINE
Welcome to the B.L. Homer Jewellers online service. Please read these Terms & Conditions for Buying Goods Online before placing an order. By placing an order using this service you are accepting these Terms & Conditions for Buying Goods online. These Terms & Conditions for Buying Goods Online only apply to goods purchased online using this Website.
‘We’ and ‘Us’ means Gold Arts Sussex, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number: 00671480 and registered address: 107 The Street, Rustington, BN16 3DP.
‘Website’ means the website at www.blhomer.com ‘You’ means the person using the Website whether as a guest or as a registered user. “Working days” means all days other than Saturdays, Sundays and English statutory and public holidays. By using the Website to buy goods online, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old, or, if you are under 18, that you are placing an order on this Website with the consent of your parent or guardian. We do not sell goods to children online, but we do sell children’s goods for purchase by people over 18.
PROCESS FOR ONLINE ORDERS AND CANCELLATIONS ORDERING PROCESS AND CONTRACT FORMATION
By completing and submitting an electronic order, you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. Certain steps must be followed for a binding contract to be formed between us, which are described below.
After you have placed your order:
• We will send you, as soon as possible, an email to acknowledge your order. It will confirm which goods you have ordered. This email is not an order acceptance from us and at this stage no contract is formed between us;
• When we dispatch your goods from the store, we will send you a confirmation email “Dispatch Email”. This email constitutes a formal acceptance of your order by us. This also means that a binding contract between us is formed and you and we are obliged to fulfill our obligations under that binding contract.
Please note orders will be dispatched once we have authorisation from your payment card issuer. We will aim to inform you as soon as possible if there is an issue with the payment authorisation process or with any validation checks for your order.
We will not accept your order if payment is not authorised. Where there are issues with the authorisation process or validation checks, your delivery may be delayed as a result. We do not have to accept you order, and in particular, we will not accept your order if:
• We do not have the goods in stock/the goods in stock appear to be damaged.
• Your payment is not authorised.
• There is an error on our Website regarding the price or other details of the goods.
• You have canceled your order in accordance with the instructions below.
We will be in contact with you as soon as practicable, by phone or email. In each of the above circumstances to discuss your options. We reserve the right to refuse any order.
CANCELING AN ORDER BEFORE DISPATCH
If you change your mind after placing an order, you can cancel it at any time before we have sent our Dispatch Email to you. Please see the Contact Us page for our telephone number and email. To cancel your order, you will need to give us your name and address details used for the order, as well as your order number. If you cancel part of the order the postage and packaging charge is recalculated on the price of the goods you keep. This may affect your delivery charge payment. For example, if your order is goods worth £170.00 and you cancel an item worth £30.00, your order total will be below £150.00 and will no longer qualify for FREE Next Day Delivery.
RETURNING GOODS AFTER DISPATCH COOLING OFF PERIOD
When you order from us online, you are entitled to a cooling off period after the dispatch of your goods. During this cooling-off period, you can return your goods although we regret that return postage and packing charges are non-refundable unless goods received are faulty or received in error. Our cooling off period is 30 days (from delivery of goods to you) which includes your statutory cooling off period. The period starts the day the contract is agreed and becomes binding (i.e. you receive a Dispatch Email from us) and ends 30 days after the day following delivery of the goods. Unless we are at fault (for example you have received faulty items) certain items are excluded from the cooling off period guarantee: these include pierced items due to hygiene reasons and where an item has been altered to suit the buyer’s requirements.
If you do receive faulty goods, please contact your closest store via the Contact Us page.
If you wish to return goods you have a duty to keep them in your possession and to take reasonable care of them until you return them. Goods must be returned in their original condition, including immediate packaging, within the cooling off period. Our returns policy does not affect your statutory rights. For further information on your statutory rights look at www.consumersdirect.gov.uk.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY GOODS?
We will send you a Dispatch Email as soon as your goods have been dispatched. If you choose Standard Delivery: you should receive your goods within 2-4 days (excluding Sundays and Bank Holidays). If you chose Next Day Delivery: you will receive your goods the next working day after dispatch. If you order after 12am on a Thursday, your goods will be dispatched on Friday, and you should be delivered on the next working day (Monday). If you order after 12am on a Friday your goods will not be dispatched until the following Monday, and should be delivered on Tuesday. We will make every effort to deliver your goods in accordance with the timescales indicated in our Delivery information page. We will not be liable for delays in delivering your goods where such delay is due to reasons outside of our control. Please note that you will need someone to sign and accept delivery of Next Day deliveries.
While we make every effort to ensure that the goods shown on the Website are currently available, we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case. If goods you have ordered online are unavailable due to being sold in store, you will receive an email notification or call to confirm this.
PRICING AND PAYMENT
Prices throughout the Website are quoted in Pounds Sterling and payment can only be accepted in Pounds Sterling. Prices include VAT. Packing and delivery costs will be added to the total price of your goods (and will be clearly indicated on your order checkout page). While we make every effort to ensure that the goods shown on our Website are currently available at the price shown on the Website, we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case. If goods you have ordered online are unavailable at the price or conditions shown, you will be notified as soon as possible. If a pricing error is made on our Website or in the ordering process we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of buying the goods at the correct price or canceling the order. Your order will be canceled and no payment will be taken from you if we cannot get in contact with you to notify you of the error. Your payment card will be debited for your order on the day that we send you the Dispatch Email (i.e. the day on which we dispatch your goods). See Delivery information page for more details on how to have your order delivered for free.
OTHER INFORMATION COMPANY INFORMATION
B.L. Homer Jewellers, 107 The Street, Rustington, BN16 3DP VAT Registration no. 00671480
If you have any questions relating to this website, please contact us: Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01903 783923 Write to: B.L. Homer Jewellers, 107 The Street, Rustington, BN16 3DP